Sunday, September 6, 2009

What's it like to be buried in a mountain of lies?

I don't know all sides of the story anymore. I only know my own. I'm glad to see that I haven't lost any friends at all from this insanity. I'm elated to see that I've actually gained friends in the process. None the less, this whole mess is a heavy load.

I did one thing: I stood my ground.

I didn't let outsiders tell me that the group I'm in is what they say it is.

I didn't allow people who simply don't know me lie about my intent and activities.

I responded. I stood my ground.

I'm here on my feet; facing a tank built upon bias, hate, and lies. I'm telling that tank I will not move. Now, I ask, how will I survive this?

To this day, I continue to volunteer.

To this day, I continue to teach.

To this day, I continue to Mentor.

To this day, I continue to find that my friends support me in my efforts.

Is that enough?

Shall I simply allow the lies and slander to float about around me on forums and blogs?

I fear that a lie, when told often enough, may become the truth to many. And that scares the hell out of me.

I did nothing more than stand up for what I believe to be right. I saw an injustice and fought against it. I can't describe the fight as "won" or "lost" because I don't believe I've genuinely seen the outcome yet. What I have seen is mixed results. I'm running out of ideas. I don't know what to do with the situation I'm in at the moment.

If anything... How do I stop this mess from getting to me?

2 comments:

Dale Innis said...

It is tough, but I think you're doing exactly the right thing. The attacker has low credibility and a short attention span, and you will be there being who you are and doing that you do long after the attacks have moved on to other targets. Like for instance bizarre campaigns against third-party viewers. O.o

I have no wonderful advice about how to keep it from getting to you. Surround yourself with friends and admirers, do good things, and keep the validation flowing (in both ways). Think of it as an annoying but unavoidable natural phenomenon, like a badly-timed rainstorm, or a flat tire. Read some Camden Benares or some Zen or whatever spiritually turns you on. This, too, shall pass. :)

Brinda said...

If I thought I could improve on what Dale has said I would. Continue on Immy. I will leave you with just this... I try to live my life so as not to be ashamed not matter what is said about me....even if it's not true.